“Those of you at home I wish you could feel the excitement here,” said Fey. “That’s right you can smell the pills from a mile away”. As is customary, the hosts always intro some of the guests in attendance. So far some of the ‘victims’ include Ben Affleck and Anne Hathaway. Julianne Moore is nominated for her portrayal of Sarah Palin. Tina tried to do her best rendition of the
Kate Hudson and Bradley Cooper are up to present the Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture. The winner is: Christoph Waltz for his role in Django Unchained, “Thank you for this accolade. The North Star is that one. Tada”.
– Don Cheadel and Eva Longoria are presenting the Best Mini-Series or TV Movie. The winner for the is Game Change. “Thank you Hollywood Foreign Press so much. I want to encourage people to talk about politics. It’s a great time to do so.”. He also thanked Julianne Moore for her role in the show and how next to Tina Fey and Sarah Palin herself, they now have three great impersonators of Sarah Palin.
They’re also presenting the award for Best Actress, TV Movie/Miniseries to Julianne Moore, “Oh my gosh, my children will be so relieved.”
– Catherine Zeta Jones intros herself with a little number and then introduces Les Misérables.
– Rosario Dawson introduces Best Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.
– Paul Rudd and Salma Hayek. Salma says, “They drink, they lie, they take drugs”… Paul adds “And those are just their agents”. They’re introducing the Best Actor in a TV Drama.
Damian Lewis wins for his role in Homeland The best journies are always shared. I want to dedicate to my mum, who I know is looking down on me and telling everyone how well he is doing in acting. Mum I love you very much and thank you to the Hollywood Foreign Press.”
The Best TV Drama Series goes to Homeland. Duh…. Great show! “I want to thank everyone who watches the show. Thank you for giving us the opportunity”.
Tony Mendez, the man who inspired the story that is Argo introduces the film that is up for the Best Motion Picture award.
– Jennifer Lopez and Jason Statham are presenting the award for Best Original Score. The Golden Globe goes to Michael Danna for Life of Pi. “Thank you to the Hollywood Foreign Press. I felt very blessed to be apart of Life of Pi. I want to share this award with my director, Ang Lee.”
The Original Song winner is Adele for Skyfall. “Oh my God. Oh my God. honestly I come out for a night out. I was not expecting this. Thank you so much for letting me be apart of your night.” See the moment below:
– Kiefer Sutherland and Jessica Alba are presenting the award for best Actor in a Mini-Series Drama to Kevin Costner for Hatfields and McCoys. He’s sharing his first experience at the Golden Globes, being a nobody and now he is where he is. Watch his heartfelt speech below:
– Bill Clinton is in the house. He is introducing Best Motion Picture nominee, Lincoln. What a natural speaker. Amy pipes in, “Oh my gosh. That was Hilary Clinton’s husband.”
– Highlight of the night!! Will Ferrell and Kristin Wiig are up to present the Best Actress in a Movie Comedy or Musica to Jennifer Lawrence for Silver Linings Playbook:
“What does this say? I beat Meryl. I am so honoured to be apart of a film like this. Harvey, thank you for killing whoever you had to for me to be up here today.”
– John Krasinski and Kristen Bell present the Best Supporting Actor, TV Ed Harris wins for Game Change. Jamie Foxx then introduces Django Unchained.
– Jonah Hill and Megan Fox are up now. They are presenting the nominees for the Best Supporting Actress in Motion Picture. The Golden Globe goes to, Anne Hathaway for Les Misérables. “Blurg. Thanks for that word Tina. To the Hollywood Foreign press thank you so much for having me in this room with these extraordinary actors.”. She had a special thank you story for Sally Field.
– Amanda Seyfried and Robert Pattinson are up to present the Best Screenplay to Quinton Tarantino for Django Unchained. “Wow I wasn’t expecting this. This is a surprise. I have a couple groups to thank. One, my absolutely brilliant cast. The other group is my group of friends. They’re the ones as I’m writing, I’m reading. You guys don’t realise how important you are to my process. I don’t want your input, but when I read it to you I hear it through your ears. So thank you very much. This is a damn surprise and I’m happy to be surprised.”
– Jeremy Irons introduces Salmon Fishing in the Yemen.
– Lucy Liu and Debra Messing are presenting the award for Best Actor in a TV Series: Comedy or Musical to Don Cheadel for House of Lies. “She didn’t really say my name but she said it anyway. I’m very proud of the show.”
– Stallone and Arnie are on stage to present the Best Foreign Film. The winner is Amour out of Austria. “I never thought I’d get an award in Hollywood from an Austrian. I thank my producers and of course my crew. You did the film. Above all I have to thank my lead actors. Without them would not be here. The base is for me and the crew but the globe is for the two fantastic actors.”
– Best Actress in a TV Drama goes to Claire Danes for Homeland. “Wow. I have to thank the Hollywood Foreign Press for being so incredibly generous to me. I want to thank the four incredible women in this category who are just bad ass. I want to thank the writers of the show who didn’t buckle under the pressure of the first season. I admitted to everyone in the show that I was with child. They were all so supportive. I have to thank my son for joining me throughout the process and for fighting this war against terrorism.”
– Sacha Baron Cohen walks on stage with his whiskey presenting the award for the Best Animated Feature Film. The Golden Globe goes to Brave. “Holy cow. What an incredible company to be in. I’d like to congratulate all the other nominees. Being Brave is about being true to yourself and allowing your loved ones the same freedom”.
– Liev Schreiber introduces Life of Pi
– Best Actress in a TV Series: Comedy or Musical goes to Lena Dunham for Girls. “I thought I would be a cooler customer if this ever happened.” She thanked her fellow nominees, whom she ‘worships’. “This award is for every women who has ever thought there isn’t a space for her”.
– Amy and Tina are back… “Everyone’s getting loose now that we’re all losers.” “Lena we’re glad we got you through middle school *shlur*”.
-Robert Downey Jr. presents the Cecil B. Demille award to Jody Foster:
“Well for all of you SNL fans, I’m 50. I was going to bring my walker tonight. Robert, I want to thank you for your intro. Tonight I feel like the Pram queen. I share my most special memories with the crew. We made movies together. So while I’m being all confessional, I’m a little nervous now. Not as nervous as my publicist. I am single. I hope you’re not all disappointed that there wont be a coming out speech tonight. I have given everything up there from the time I was three years old. That’s enough reality isn’t it?”
– Halle Berry is presenting the Best Director award. Ben Affleck wins for Argo. “Thank you very much. I don’t care what the award is, when they put your name next to these ones she’s just read. They’re exceptional. I never thought I would be in this company. I want to thank the many who weren’t nominated. I want to thank my three kids and I want to thank my wife who is the reason I’m standing here today. You are my everything”
– Josh Brolin introduces Moonrise Kingdom.
– Best TV Series goes to Girls by HBO. Lena Dunham and her cast are up on stage to accept the award. “I was elected to speak for our team. I’m standing here with the best collaborators anyone could ever ask for. I want to thank our crew, who we love so much. HBO we are cultists, we are in love with you. The Hollywood Foreign Press. I promised myself I would thank Chad Low.”
– Christian Bale introduces Silver Linings Playbook.
– Jennifer Garner is up to present the Best Actor in a Lead… and the award goes to Hugh Jackman for Les Misérables. “Wow, thank you. Thank you to the Hollywood Foreigh Press. I have to say to the guy or girl who stole the wheels off my bike while I was auditioning for Les Misérables, all good. Thank you cast and crew. My wife, I’ve got to tell you she’s the best woman ever. Babe, if I forget anyone will you come and thank them for me?” He added, “Thank you for always being right.”
– Dustin Hoffman presents the award for the Best Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical. The award goes to Les Misérables. We want to thank our reps. It was such a huge project and there are a lot of people to thank. This room has made some amazing movies and TV shows. I want to thank Tom Hooper. The amazing cast.”
– George Clooney is up. “I would like to congratulate Ben Affleck for his win” *giggle. He is up to present the Best Actress in a Motion Picture. The award goes to Jessica Chastaine for Zero Dark Thirty. “I’ve wanted to be an actress since I was a little girl. To be here now in this moment is a beautiful feeling.” She had some lovely words for director Kathryn Bigelow too, more on that shortly.
He is also presenting the award for Best Actor in a Lead: Drama. The award goes to Daniel Day-Lewis for his role in Lincoln. “Are you sure there’s room for another ex president on this stage? Sincerest thanks to the Hollywood Foreign Press for this thing. To my fellow nominees, boys and girls, such beautiful performances and I’m very proud to be amongst you.”
Julia Roberts presents the Best Motion Picture, Drama to Argo. “I want to thank the Hollywood Foreign Press for this. I want to thank all the folks at Warner Brothers. We want to thank Ben Affleck our fearless leader. I want to thank all the thousands of people working in our diplomatic services around the world. Thank you everybody, thank you very much.”