1. You’ve had a couple of days to get used to winning this contest. How are you feeling now?
Fantastic! It has been so incredible! I am very tired and living on strong coffee, but I wouldn’t change that for the world!
2. Do you know what’s next? Prizes?
The prize is the accolade of winning and being featured on RyanSeacrest.com. A trip to LA would be good! The publicity I have received over the past month has been priceless and a good introduction into the music business.
3. You won the contest, which is massive, but if you could ask Ryan Seacrest for one other thing, what would that be?
I would love him to take me under his wing and “validate” me so that powerful people in the music business take note of me!
4. Your favourite One Direction boy band member?
Do I have to chose? They’re all so cute! But I’d have to say Liam.
5. You’re focusing on releasing a single soon. Can you tell us a little more about it, in terms of the direction you’re taking, the sound and who you’re working with.
I am going to be continuing on the pop route, but with a slight alternative twist to it. I am working with some great song writers including Garth from CrashCarBurn and Daniel Baron and have put out a brief to all the publishing companies who are sourcing possible material for me to consider. Influences would the from the likes of Lorde and Lana del Rey. Brian O’Shea and Crighton Goodwill will be producing my single.
6. You have a global platform at this stage. Besides SA, where else would you like to take your music to and perform?
Everywhere! I think it is everyone’s dream to crack America, England and the rest of Europe. But I’d like to reach as many people from all corners of the globe as possible.
7. Some of your favourite artists are?
I listen to anything from Bocelli to Lorde, even ABBA. I like what is on radio at the moment though.
8. How do people keep up to date with you?
My website is being built at the moment, but on Twitter (@FilipaAlexandr8) and on Facebook