BREAKING NEWS, South African rapper HHP has been announced as the host of this year’s South African Music Awards. Jabba will step onto the stage come the 19th of April as agent XXI.
For the last two years show organisers decided run the show without a host and while that worked, I believe a host really pieces all the presenters, performers and in general the show together just perfectly.
Here are a couple of reasons why HHP wins as a host:
- He’s a musician and this is SA music’s biggest night. So he’ll bring that much needed musical element to the show.
- He’s a charmer. Remember when he won Strictly Come Dancing a few years ago? SA loved him
- He appeals to a wide audience…. Black, white, coloured, Indian. That’s important for a show like this, where there are genres for days and an accompanying viewing audience too
- He’s smart and witty, which is what a host needs. LL Cool J really is a talking head at the Grammys. Sure he has personality, but HHP really has a lot more personality. I’m sure he’ll be involved in the script writing process, and that will put him in a good position come the 19th. Maybe the newly announced host of The Daily Show and former SAMA host, Trevor Noah can give him some tips too 😉
- He’s a hard worker and so you know he’ll be grafting his ass off up to and including the actual show.
- He’s Jabba… He made ‘Tshwana fashinoaboli’, he was ‘Born For This‘ and now he’s making SAMA City hot too.
Very chuffed and pleased with this decision. Good jon SAMA peops 🙂
Social media links for SAMA XXI: