1. You’re going to be out and about at Old Mutual Music at the Lake this weekend. What have you got in store for us?
Well, hopefully there is a certain standard of live show you have come to expect with bands such as Gangs of ballet and Monark so we will as always trying to deliver and maybe exceeding it with a touch of something new.
2. Sharing the stage with Gangs of Ballet is…? Tell us about touring and hanging out with them for such a concert
They are such an inspiration to all of us! SInce our first tour with them on their album launch they have inspired us to always work on our live show and make sure it is the best it can be. Hanging out with them is just a lot of random jokes and also some serious conversation about life!
3. If you could cover one of their songs it would be which one and why?
Their latest single…what’s it called again…oh yeah Love is on it’s way. Such a hot Rocking song!
4. It has been quite a busy year and a half for you guys, since you burst onto the scene in 2013. Tell us about the Monark ride so far. Highs, lows and everything in between.
It is really difficult to describe the ride so far in words. Thankfully a lot more ups than downs. I think part of our success is the fact that we are never happy with where we are and trying to better in all areas of our band and business.
5. Did you ever imagine you’d crack a Best Pop Album nomination at the SAMAs?
Secretly deep down we really hoped for one. But to get three nominations in the end was totally mind blowing!
6. Whenever I’m with friends or family in the car or near a radio and we hear one of your tracks, people always comment on how international your sound is. How does that make you feel?
That is definitely a major compliment for us, but also in the South African market it creates a bit of a stumbling block when you really are Proudly South African. So we are working hard to get people to realize that we are not in fact international but from SA and mostly Afrikaans for that matter…:)
7. Do you plan on branching out and taking your music to international shores?
We have definitely talked about it, but for now we are happy to just work on our craft here in SA!
8. What else do you have on the cards for the rest of 2015?
We can’t wait for the release of our next single called Hush. The music video is so hot and was done by the SAMA winning Ryan Kruger. Then we are also planning a re-release later in the year of our debut album with some extra content on there.
9. Your favourite track to play live is?
Smiling! It’s the song that started it all for us
Gates open at 13h00 for pre-sold tickets (R140 through http://www.webtickets.co.za) and at 13h30 for on-the-day ticket sales (R160). MonArk starts playing at 14h30, followed by Gangs of Ballet.
For more information, you can follow @OM_Concerts on Twitter, like the Old Mutual Music in the Gardens page on Facebook or visit www.dogreatthings.co.za.