- Thanks for taking the time today. Tell us about this new show. Hollywood Cycle follows the lives of the 3 main instructors of CycleHouse. Myself, Aaron & Nichelle. It is fast paced and jam packed full of blood, sweat, tears and laughter. Viewers will get to see the inner workings of Los Angeles top workout studio and why every celebrity vies for a bike in the highly coveted classes.
- How did you get involved in the show?
Actually, the show came to us. One of my good friends and regular members is a top movie executive. She had witnessed the birth of our studio and everything else that comes with starting a new business. Everything from expansion struggles, to handling celebrity clientele, to inside drama. One day she said ‘you guys need a show!’. Initially we laughed it off. It turned out she was serious and within the next month we started filming! It was surreal. We just carried on life as normal except now cameras were following us!
- Joining a channel like E! is pretty big. Did you ever in your wildest dreams think that being an instructor for indoor cycling would lead you to becoming an E! star?
Haha, no….I never thought it would lead to a show on E!. E! is the most amazing network and has really taken care of us. We definitely feel like part of the E! family.
- Tell us about the dynamics between you and your fellow instructors? Who offers some entertaining storylines?
Myself, Aaron & Nichelle play and fight like family. Emotions definitely run high at CycleHouse. You will see inside that drama and how everyone has an opinion! It can be exhausting. All 3 of us offer very different story lines follwing our personal & professional lives. You will see me juggling classes, designing all our lifestyle and workout apparel, babysitting my twin godsons and attempting to make a modeling casting with the twins in tow!
- You’re obviously fit and healthy, but do you ever have little cheat days? If so, what’s your guilty pleasure?
Absolutely! Eveyrone has to have cheat days (if you’ve earned them!) I definitely have a sweet tooth so anything with sugar works for me. I miss my Mum’s cooking for sure. All of that is cheat day to me. It’s proabbly a good thing I don’t live in England as I would have to spin 24/7 to keep lean! Haha
- In terms of TV watching and when you get a chance, what are some of your other favorites on E!?
I’ve always loved E!’s programming from The Kardashians to the newly premiered ‘I am Cait’. I find Caitlyn Jenner such an inspiration and incredibly brave. Those are two of my favourites.
- In SA, we’re pretty health conscious and as we build up to our summer, loads of people will be hitting the spinning studio. What tips do you have for the newbies?
Show up, work hard and HAVE FUN! Don’t be intimidated. A great studio should welcome all levels of clients and make everyone feel welcome. As long as you keep moving and sweat then we are golden! I promise it does get easier and you’ll be flying with everyone else in no time!
- Any other health tips for the healthy enthusiasts that you can share with us?
HYDRATE HYDRATE HYDRATE…so important! Also post exercise your body is craving protein. Ideally you want to get protein inside you within the first 30mins post workout.
- In closing, why should we watch this show of yours?
Because I’m in it! J Although depsite that I have to say the show has everything from fitness to drama but it also has a lot of heart. I think it will appeal to all viewers and all ages. I’ve also been getting the most amazing social media messages saying that I have motivated people to go back to the gym and even try spinning! That in itself makes it all so worth it!
- Where can we check you out on social media?
Come follow me and see what I’m up to daily via:
For more on the show, catch it on E! Entertainment, channel 124 on DStv or check out their showpage here.