The newest South African Idols winner is…. KARABO! The 24-year-old was crowned the winner of the hit show during Sunday’s live finale. He beat out fellow hopeful, Mmatema Moremi to be crowned the winner of the hit show. The Idols team have reported that 78.8 million votes were cast this season, which is unbelievably huge!
Here’s what Karabo Mogane wins:
- R700 000 cash from M-Net, Mzansi Magic and Telkom SA, as well as a SmartBroadband Wireless 50GB 55 Inch Smart TV, a Huawei B593 4G LTE router with a 24-month Repeater Deal 6 and 50GB + 50GB Night Surfer (100GB), as well as a PlayStation 4, worth a total of R41 000 from Telkom SA,
- a R225 900 Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost Titanium from Ford South Africa,
- From Truworths, fashion to the value of R100 000,
- Microphone equipment from Shure to the value of R135 000, including a ULX-D dual wireless digital receiver, with 2 Shure Beta58 microphones, an in-ear earphone and monitor system, and a flight case to house the equipment,
- And from Yamaha, R70 000 worth of musical equipment.
- A trip to LA to see the live finale of the final season of American Idol – NOT KAK at all
- Opening act for Mi Casa, as part of their Dare To Love tour
FYI, Karabo’s album will also be available within two weeks of the final, in time to land up in Christmas stockings across the country. That’s big and clever too!
I must say, I’m a little sad that Mmatema didn’t win. I think she’s amazing, incredible and she has that star power. As someone mentioned on Twitter, hopefully she’ll do as well someone like Jennifer Hudson. I think she has what it takes and I sincerely hope Randall signs her. If not Universal, then definitely someone else! This is not to take anything away from Karabo. He’s fantastic too, and his voice is amazing. I just wanted a bit of change this year and I thought Mmatema was it. Alas, well done Karabo!