1. For those who don’t know who Ian Credible is, who are you?
Ian Credible (AKA Ian Morrison) is a multi talented MC/DJ/VJ & Producer.
2. You’re an award-winning DJ. How did this interest in deejaying come about?
From my youth I have just been so interested in music and making it that I decided being a deejay would best describe my love for music.
3. You’ve played alongside the likes of FeU, Groove Armada and others. Tell us about one of your best DJ experiences.
One of my best DJing experiences was playing at the 2009 Ponta do Ouro Beach Party. It was just something different and exciting and I also enjoyed playing alongside Groove Armada when they where in South Africa at JET Nighclub.
4. You have a track out now with R&B star Lungelo. Tell us about that collaboration, how it came about and more about the song.
The song is called “Push It To The Limit’ and it’s my first single from my upcoming album which features ex-popstar R&B singer Lungelo. The song is very uptembo/dancy track. The track was produced by myself and Aaron B, a very close friend of mine. Myself and Aaron were just messing around in studio and we just started putting some drumbeats together until we found the right Rhythm for the song. We then gave it to Lungelo who was is so brilliant at what he does that he came up with the words within 2 hours of hearing the beat.
5. Closely linked to that, as someone who studied sound engineering, it seems quite trendy at the moment to mesh different musical genres together. One needn’t look further than the likes of David Guetta and the artists he has worked with, as well as Chris Brown and Benny Benassie collaboration “Beautiful People”. You’re now doing something similar. What do you make of this trend?
It’s a very successful trend and it seems to be working perfectly for the international acts. I decided to localize it and work with our very talented local musicians.
6. This is the first single off your upcoming album. Tell us more about that and what we can expect?
Yes it is the first single. I’m currently working on a lot of tracks for the album and it promises to be a very commercial/electro dance type of album with different types of sound influence. I plan on getting alot more artists to collaborate with me on this project and hopefully can be released on a international platform. We are also currently working on shooting a music video for the first single this coming month.
7. Who are you some of your favourite djs in the game at the moment?
I would say two of my favorite djs are DJ Fresh & Roger De Lux.
8. Do you ever go to a club when you aren’t working and find yourself listening to the DJ’s mixing and go WTF dude? Tell us about one of the craziest and worst mixes you’ve heard?
Yes I do go out with friends and just chill. Clubs tend to just book any dj just to cut down costs and that is why you get bad mixes. One of my worst expereinces was at Tao, Bedfordview when I heard some small time dj mixing and was so horrible. I couldn’t stand it. I personally went and told the owner to cut the music. It was some no name dj that was mixing using Virtual dj.
9. You’re pretty busy at the moment. How do people get in touch or keep up to date with all your news, party details etc?
People can get hold of me for any bookings via my manager: Mubanga@kushproduction/website: http://www.kushproduction.co.za/www.iancredible.co.za/Twitter: @Kush_Production/BBM Pin:276A1313 or @djiancredible
10. As a DJ you have your own definition of music. What words, or terms best describe music for you?
Music is ENERGY!