The new single from Britney Spears is due to hit the web tomorrow. It’s the third offering from her platinum selling album Femme Fatale and it’s called “I Wanna Go. In the video above you can catch a 30second sneak peek at what the video will look like. It’s not my favourite track off the album, but it’s bound to start getting a lot of airplay. Watch this space.
It’s official: Nicki Minaj is going on tour with Britney Spears. The news about Britney’s Femme Fatale tour was announced in LA yesterday. It was announced the ‘Moment’s For Life’ singer would be joining Britney on the North American leg of the tour. This as Enrique Iglesias pulled out of the tour citing “scheduling issues”, when in actual fact many believe it was his ego that couldn’t handle opening for Britney. Nicki’s a better fit though wouldn’t you say? Here’s the official release:
LOS ANGELES, CA (April 12, 2011) – Pop music trendsetter Britney Spears, who has continually captivated crowds around the world with her live music events, today confirms special guest Nicki Minaj will join the Femme Fatale touring event of the summer. The all female line-up includes Jessie and the Toy Boys and Nervo on every tour stop. Spears has prepared an extraordinary show in support of the North American tour that begins on June 16th in Sacramento at the Power Balance Pavilion. Tickets for select markets go on sale beginning April 30th at Ticketmaster.com and LiveNation.com. Continue reading “Nicki Minaj going on tour with Britney”
A few teaserTweets from two of the world’s biggest names in music, namely Britney Spears and Rihanna, set cyberspace on fire yesterday. The reason? They have remixed or as E! Online says “RIHmixed” Rihanna’s number one single “S&M”. Have a listen to the track above. I dig it. Usually with this sort of collab you hear subtle doo whops and stuffs, but nothing really profound or groundbreaking. In this track Britney adds another verse to the song. Let’s hope the two do a video together too… They might both be bad, but they’re perfectly good at it! Nice collab.
And because Rihanna and Nicki Minaj are big mates, perhaps we’ll get to see Rihanna hopping on the Nicki/ Britney tour stage when the two hit the road this June. One can only hope hey!
Today I just have a few questions that are on my mind and that I’d like to share with you:
1. The Wild has officially hit the small screen. Have you watched it? Do you dig it? I’ve missed it, but hopefully I can watch it tonight.
2. Angelina Jolie was in Tunisia recently. While most know she’s a goodwill ambassador, many are speculating that her trip wasn’t just for those reasons. It’s because she’s “looking to adopt” baby number 7. This according to the seventh tattoo on her arm, which show all the coordinates of the places her 6 children were born in. The seventh coordinate was recently added sparking speculation that she’s adding to her the Jolie-Pitt crew. While that’s all good and well, my question is. Who on earth counts her tattoos on her arm? If you’re that person, who bored are you?
3. Britney‘s new video has hit the net. It’s for the track called “Till The World Ends” and it’s taken off her official number one album, Femme Fatale. By the way, the album shifted 276 000 copies in its first week. Nice Brit and it’s a cool album, so check it out. If you haven’t seen the video, watch it and let me know your thoughts. For me, it’s very “Slave 4 U’ ish but I dig it. She’s looks good. Real good, but there’s one thing I noticed. She doesn’t seem to have that same energy she used to possess. I mean she’s still good, but her confidence doesn’t seem to be what it used to be. Is that just me? I’m open to a discussion here.
4. There’s yet another fashion week coming up soon- so I hear. Fashionistas, who’s going?
Britney fans, the day has arrived. Femme Fatale releases worldwide today. This is her seventh studio album and let me tell you, she has a winner. It might take her fans a while to get used to some of the material, but she’s also going to be drawing in a completely different market too. The electro/ trance/ dance market. You can have a listen to a few of the tracks above.
1. Till The World Ends [3:57]
2. Hold It Against Me [3:49]
3. Inside Out [3:38]
4. I Wanna Go [3:30]
5. How I Roll [3:36]
6. (Drop Dead) Beautiful (Feat. Sabi) [3:36]
7. Seal It With A Kiss [3:26]
8. Big Fat Bass (Feat. Will.I.Am) [4:44]
9. Trouble For Me [3:19]
10. Trip To Your Heart [3:33]
11. Gasoline [3:08]
12. Criminal [3:45]
13. Up N’ Down [3:42]
14. He About To Lose Me [3:48]
15. Selfish [3:43]
16. Don’t Keep Me Waiting [3:21]
Watch Britney performing Till The World Ends in Vegas at the weekend. Looking good, performing well. All round, Brit’s back on track!
Britney Spears will release her highly anticipated album titled, Femme Fatale on the 29th of March. This is her seventh studio album and is said to be one of the biggest releases of the year. We’ve heard the first single, Hold It Against me and now we’ll get to see the video to that smash hit. It’ll release simultaneously on MTV, VEVO and britney.com on the 17th of February. Here’s a little teaser to the video:
All I’m going to say is that it’ll be hot! Very very hot!
Academy and Grammy-winning star Jennifer Hudson is also prepping for the release of her new album. This is the follow up to the hugely successful, self-titled album in 2008. I feel she won’t be feeling that notorious sophomore album slump with this one. In the three years since that release, she’s been through a lot. For one, she tragically lost her mother, brother and nephew in a senseless slaying. I won’t forget the moment she returned to the Spotlight, so to speak, by performing the track You Pulled Me Through at the 2009 Grammy Awards. That was one of the most moving performances I’ve ever seen, wow. Watch it below. She also became a mother and she’s lost a huge amount of weight. She looks incredible and you can see that in the album cover picture above, which she posted onto Twitter last night. Incredible! I Remember Me will be released on the 22nd of March.
Coming this March is the highly anticipated album from Pop queen Britney Spears. It finally has a name, Femme Fatale. She’ll release the album on the 15th of March, which happens to be her first release since 2008, when she released Circus.
According to her official website, Femme Fatale is a tribute to bold, empowered, confident, elusive, fun, flirty women and men. “I’ve poured my heart and soul into this album over the last 2 years. I’ve put everything I have into it. This album is for you, my fans, who have always supported me and have stuck by me every step of the way! I love you all!” says Britney. “Sexy and Strong. Dangerous yet mysterious. Cool yet confident!”
The first single, Hold It Against Me has already hit the top spot on many music charts around the world – and she’s smashed a couple of records with this one already. Good work Brit. Can’t wait for the album. More details on the tracks and the music video for the first single will be released soon, but in the mean time, watch this parody video. Special I tell you, special.