“I have to say, we wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for Paul and Ringo and for Black Sabbath and the Rolling Stones. This songs were two hours in my studio. We knocked this song out in a couple of hours.”
Sir Paul said, “Come along and we’ll do a song. We should just make something up and this is it.”
– Taylor Swifts whips here back and forth on the Grammys stage.
– Bruno Mars introduces P!nk and Nate Ruess. Pink is showing off her acrobatic skills again in the song Try, before the two perform Just Give Me A Reason.
– Miguel and Ariana Grande present the Best Pop Solo Performance Grammy to Lorde for her song, Royals:
“Well hello. This is the one thing that I did not expect the most about tonight. So thank you very much”. To all the other nominees she said, “I’ve been inspired by all of you at some point in my life, so thank you.”
– Black Sabbath introduce The Beatles legend Ringo Starr, who is singing his track Photographs. It’s nice to see a montage of the star and his fellow band mates throughout the years… It has been fifty years since The Beatles’ invasion into America. One Direction will be looking at this going, this could be us! Great performance.
– Jamie Foxx presents the Rap/ Sung collaboration to Jay-Z featuring Justin Timberlake for their song, Holy Grail.
“Thank you very much. Thank all the producers for writing the song. I want to thank God, I mean a little bit for this award, but mostly and for that universe conspiring for putting that beautiful lady in my life. And I want to tell Blue that look Daddy got a gold sippy cup for you”
– Kendrick Lamar and Imagine Dragons are up now. All dressed in white and the slow motion effect works really well. Taylor Swift is loving this performance. Another giff, tick!
– Next up is Kacey Musgraves.
– Oh hello Julia Roberts. She’s here to introduce The Beatles special tribute. Sir Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr take to the stage to perform too.
– Gloria Estafan and Marc Anthony present Best Pop Vocal Album to Bruno Mars for Unorthodox Jukebox. He dedicated the award to his late mom… Bless. it’s a great album… Do the right thing.
– Blake Shelton, Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson and Kris Kristofferson on stage now.
– Martina McBride and Zac Brown present the Best Country Album to Kacey Musgraves for her album Same Trailer Different Park. “Oh my goodness. I can’t even, but I got to make a record that I poured myself into.”
– Neill Patrick Harris introduces Daft Punk and Pharrell Williams, Nile Rodgers and Stevie Wonder. As Neil said, we are about to “La freak out”. La awesome indeed…
– Sara Bareilles is sharing the stage with The Grammys’ Person of the Year, Carole King. They’re singing Brave. Very nice performance. They’re now presenting Song of the Year.
– Song of the Year goes to Joel Little for his work on Lorde’s Royals.
– Oscar nominee and singer in his own writer, Jared Leto pays tribute to Lou Reed before introducing Metallica and Lang Lang, as they perform One.
– Smokey Robinson and Steven Tyler are up on. Tyler gets the crowd to briefly sing along to one of Smokey’s tracks before presenting Record of the Year to Daft Punk ft Pharrell Williams for Get Lucky.
“I suppose the robots would like to thank. You know honestly I bet France is really proud of these guys right now. And one more time for the incredible Nile Rodgers. And God guys. And the people”.
– Macklemore & Ryan Lewis are on stage performing Same Love. Queen Latifah then announced 33 couples as wife and wife, husband and wife, husband and husband, as madonna joined them on stage. You Turn The Key, #SameLove… Several stars are in tears.