One of my favourite musical outfits out of Mzansi is Mi Casa. They started off singing about “These Streets,” which resonated with millions of South Africans and scored the band an instant following on social media, TV, radio, print… everywhere. Their second album Su Casa dropped just over two years ago and the hit singles just kept coming. So much so that when I was invited to their third album launch, I was completely astounded when J’Something told me it had been over two years since their last release.
The guys have been traveling, gigging, doing other collabos, doing cooking shows and somehow they managed to squeeze in 25 new tracks on their double disc, Home Sweet Home album. I’m still listening to all of the tracks, but I have my early favourites in Chocolat and the amazing Chasing The Sun. The first single is of course Chocolat, and the video has just dropped online. You can watch it below:
It’s J’s directorial debut, and I think he did a superb job. Great song, great video, great album… Mi Casa, you’re just great. Unashamed stan 😉
PS, J will be on my Cliffcentral.com show tomorrow at 11 am. Tune in!
Want a sexy, super awesome and brilliant song for a Wednesday? Your wish is my command, thanks to DJ Kent and Mi Casa’s MO-T. It’s called Don’t Let Go and it’s absolute winner. Watch the video below:
Each and every year the Sun City Superbowl comes to life, as the who’s who from the South Africa music industry descend on the entertainment complex for the annual South African Music Awards. This year the SAMA team are celebrating twenty one years and it will no doubt be an incredible evening. The awards go down on the 19th of April and those lucky enough to be presenting, performing or hosting will be given yet another incredible goodie bag and this year’s goodie bags are valued at a whopping R2-million bucks combined. Shame ne? And these celebs hardly need any of this stuff 😉 Check this out
- Complimentary Twisp e-cigarette, complete with accessories. You know it’s trendy to Twisp and not actually smoke anymore, so this is clever. The Super Bowl might be all Twisped out though… the haze of Twisp 🙂
- Ray-Ban is back again and handing out some their most stylish sunnies
- They’re getting a classy Converse watch too and trust me, if my movie screening prizes were anything to go by, these watches will be rocking
- Miglio Designer Jewellery is supplying a set of exquisite Swarovski crystal earrings for the women and a bracelet for the men, with John Craig chipping in a handsome wallet.
- Toe Porn will be handing out some funky socks, hoodies from Le Coq Sportif will be in the bags, which is perfectly timed for Fall and Winter. There are T-shirts from Cipo & Baxx, with Pamela Mann tucking some fashionable leggings in to the bags for good measure
- Rocka is throwing in some earphones as well as terrific caps. I love my headphones… Mi Casa and Danny K’s are my favourites
- Products from Mizani, Mia Rose perfume and Body Essence tissue oil courtesy of Avroy Shlain, Candi & Co hair styling vouchers and Moroccan Oil gift sets, and Iman make-up products.
The annual XXI Annual South African Music Awards will be broadcast live on SABC 1 on Sunday, 19 April 2015 from 20h00. If you, like me, wont be at Sun City this year, you can watch all the action on the mobi site www.samatv.mobi
The MAMAs are back!!! About damn time and I love me my MTV family… So hopefully I can shoot down to Durban to cover the events, but that will be determined in the next couple of weeks. For now and in case you missed it, here are this year’s MAMA nominees:
Anselmo Ralph (Angola)
Donald (South Africa)
Arielle T (Gabon)
DJ C’ndo (South Africa)
Tiwa Savage (Nigeria)
Continue reading “ICYMI – All the #MTVMAMA nominees”
I was lucky enough to be at home when the behind the scenes of Mi Casa’s new single, Turn You On was being broadcast on MTV Base. Shortly after that, the debut of the long awaited single went live to the continent. If you missed it, the good folks at Soul Candi have put the video live online. You can watch it above now… Heading towards the 1million views mark like its predecessor, Jika? I think it could just…
Mi Casa have announced the follow up single to their smash hit, Jika. It’s called Turn You On and it’s bound to climb its way into the top ten, just like it’s predecessor. The song is taken off their album, Su Casa, which was released last year.
If you know me, you’ll know I’m a big fan of these guys. They’re humble, talented and know exactly how to get a party started. As for the album, man oh man… If you think Jika was cool? Go and grab yourself a copy. Their collaborations with Jimmy Nevis and Black Coffee, rock the party and my absolute favourite track is called Bora Viver, which I jammed all the time I was in Brazil. Epic, awesome and winning. Go and get it, it will Turn You and your party mood on for sure!
Here’s a mix of the track, but you’ll get the vibe:
Will you pardon my French here, but holy fucken shit balls!!! Speculation was rife but now the news is official… The Ultra Music Festival is coming to South Africa for the first time in February 2014! Can you handle it? The biggest electomusic festival will be heading to Mzansi in mid February. Wondering who is coming? How’s this:
Phase one might I add… More to come! The festival will be held in both Jozi and Cape Town. Here’s where:
FEBRUARY 14 – OSTRICH FARM, CAPE TOWN
FEBRUARY 15 – NASREC SHOWGROUNDS, JOHANNESBURG
TICKETS ON SALE 9AM (SAST) NOVEMBER 1, 2013
Continue reading “Ultra Music Festival comes to South Africa”