She’s back ladies and gents. Pop superstar Katy Perry dropped her new single, Chained To The Rhythm just under two weeks ago, and man is it good. Sporting a new, blonder look, Perry doesn’t veer too off course when it comes to her colourful, playful and pop-infused look in the music video. She’s back to the future, and seemingly crushing hard on Skip Marley too 😉 Check it out:
Soul superstar SEAL kicked off his South African tour in Johannesburg on Sunday, 12 June 2016. The show was held at the Ticketpro Dome in Jozi. Thousands of fans braved the cold weather and flocked to the venue to see the Kiss From A Rose hitmaker live in concert. He was supported by SAMA winner, Tresor, who definitely held his own at the gig.
SEAL’s voice is impeccable, still so magical and soulful… Just what you would expect from the star. Check out the gallery of SEAL live in concert below
I’ve been a fan of Jesse Clegg for some time now. His honest, raw but real talent is undeniable and he’s a really great dude too. There’s more to his music than what meets the eye and he takes this craft, this talent of his really seriously. So he’s always on my radar… As is former Idols star Shekhinah.
Last year Shekhinah took us Back To The Beach with fellow Idols friend, Kyle Deutsch. It became one of the biggest songs of the year, and I reckon it’s going to win big at this year’s SAMAs (this weekend in fact). And because the SAMAs will be taking place in Durban, how fitting would it be if Shekhinah and Kyle open or at the very least, perform the hit song at the awards?
I digress, though… So what happens when you team Jesse Clegg up with Shekhinah? You get this – a song called Breathing. Exquisite sums it up pretty well for me. How do you feel about the song?
Here it is folks, the brand new single from Adele is here. It’s called Hello, and it’s absolutely beautiful. Goosebumps for days. Welcome back, Adele.
Want a sexy, super awesome and brilliant song for a Wednesday? Your wish is my command, thanks to DJ Kent and Mi Casa’s MO-T. It’s called Don’t Let Go and it’s absolute winner. Watch the video below:
I feel like Justin Bieber is ready to make a massive comeback. The star has just dropped his new single, following on from his very successful single with Skrillex and a string of apologies and good PR stories. Did his mom, manager or grandparents bring him down to earth? Maybe he’s grown up a bit more and is ready to focus on what he’s really good at, music!
Here’s the new single from the Biebs called What Do You Mean:
Dig it? Hate it?
So the annual MTV Africa Music Awards took place in KwaZulu – Natal at the weekend and naturally the show attracted some of the biggest names in the game. Names like AKA, Sauti Sol, D’Banj, Bonang Matheba, Cassper Nyovest, Bucie and a whole heap more from the continent were there to be part of the celebrations, as were internationals like Ne-Yo, host Anthony Anderson and Jhene Aiko too.
So what was the show like? Here are a few of my 2015 MAMA moments to remember:
- The kissing: Are Bonang and D’Banj dating? (I’ve coined them Bonanj). Well when D’Banj was announced as the winner in the category, the two shared a kissed that looked more coupley than it did friendly. They’ll keep us guessing I’m sure. The other kiss that had everyone talking was from the newly announced couple, Cassper and Boity. They’re clearly feeling each other. Shem, cute.
- T Bo Touch… Oh Touch. Was he the talking point o the night or what? From ice creams to poor orphan, Twitter showed no backing down. Check this link to see what I mean. I cried I was laughing so much! Read this trending topic
- Bucie is amazing… I love her, but can we actually take a minute to appreciate how banging her body is? The star looked amazing!
- AKA showed his softer side, when he accepted his award and gave thanks to his queen, DJ Zinhle for what is arguably one of the best gifts a man can ever receive… a beautiful baby! All the bet to the happy couple and their bundle of joy!
- Awkward presenter moments. From Khuli Chana pretending to understand French, to Boity waffling off and throwing shade, to a Top Actor star being too overenthusiastic, to boring government speeches, the pairings were um… questionable at times
- Anthony Anderson was better than I thought. I still didn’t love him, but he was way better than last year’s host, Marlon Wayans.
- Production at this year’s MTV Africa Music Awards was ON POINT. Besides some technical glitches with sound and a few out of sync lip-syncers, the show was great. MTV stays winning.
What were some of your favourite moments? Who stood out, performed well or stole the red carpet? Share your thoughts? Oh and here the winners in case you missed them:
Best Female: Yemi Alade (Nigeria)
Best Male: Davido (Nigeria)
Best Group: P-Square (Nigeria)
Best New Act Transformed by Absolut: Patoranking (Nigeria)
Best Hip Hop: Cassper Nyovest (South Africa)
Best Collaboration: AKA, Burna Boy, Da LES & JR: “All Eyes On Me” (SA/Nigeria)
Song of the Year: Mavins: “Dorobucci” (Nigeria)
Best Live: Diamond Platnumz (Tanzania)
Video of the Year: “Nafukwa” – Riky Rick; Director: Adriaan Louw
Best Pop & Alternative: Jeremy Loops (South Africa)
Best Francophone: DJ Arafat (Ivory Coast)
Best Lusophone: Ary (Angola)
Personality of the Year: Trevor Noah (South Africa)
MAMA Evolution: D’Banj (Nigeria)
Best International: Nicki Minaj
Artist of the Decade: P-Square
MTV Base Leadership Award: Saran Kaba Jones & S’Bu Mavundla